ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – 3+ years experience, full-time
- 3+ years experience as administrative assistant; industry experience in an architectural, engineering, and/or construction office a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide array of industry contributors (coworkers, clients, architects, contractors, etc.) and reinforce our positive work environment
- Exceptional writing / editing / proofreading skills, with a knack for shaping content for a wide array of audience types
- Highly organized, detail oriented and thorough
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing demands to meet deadline constraints and adapt to shifting priorities – Multitasking and being able to work under pressure to meet deadlines are a must!
- Familiarity with social media and website management a plus
- Proficient in MS Office Suite – Word, Outlook & Excel (PowerPoint and Teams a plus)
- Experience in Acrobat Pro; Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator experience a plus
- Post-Secondary Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, English, or related disciplines a plus
Our ideal candidate will be driven to excel, motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented, and a quick study. We are searching for a reliable and committed member to join our team in a deadline driven environment with the willingness to take on new tasks and help with the day-to-day operations of the office, assisting all others, and providing support so that the office runs more efficiently and productively.
Duties: administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. Support all other staff members through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication. Must have the ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all tasks are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner. Relying on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish tasks with a wide degree of creativity and initiative is expected.
- Accountability in providing timely open / close office procedures (M-F, 8-5)
- Greet and assist visitors; offering information by answering questions and requests
- Answer and direct phone calls / emails and maintain contact lists
- Receive, sort and distribute the mail
- Maintain both electronic and hard copy filing system
- Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes and forms on behalf of other office staff
- Assist in the preparation / generation of permits and reports
- Contribute to team effort by filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. on behalf of other colleagues; providing support to assist others in doing their jobs better
- Take accurate meeting minutes as requested
- Research and assist with creating / editing proposals, presentations, and marketing material
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calling for repairs, maintaining supply inventories
- Handle sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and establishing personal networks
If you think you are that person, fill out our application form and attach your Cover Letter including salary requirements, resume along with three professional references, and Portfolio / Work Examples, if available. Wage dependent on relevant experience and demonstrated capability of all of the above qualifications.
Salary: $40k – $50k ($20 – $24 / hr.) Depending on experience